Live Love Laugh Makeup

“Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” ― Marilyn Monroe

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: NYC Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara

So I'll be doing a review on NYC Sky Rise Lengthening Mascara today.

Mine is in Extreme Black, which is unfortunately the only color they have. But this is true to its name. It is a very dark black.
The wand is a spiral, which I found a little odd. Usually a lengthening mascara has a wand that has really short bristles.
So the first picture here is my eye without any mascara on.

And I'm sorry that this is the opposite eye that I put the mascara on. But its basically the same. :)
This is with one coat of mascara:
With one coat you get a very subtle look. You can't see the mascara that well, but its obviously darker than my regular lashes. There is some lengthening, alot more than I usually get with my mascara.
Here is two coats of mascara:
 
This is alot more noticeable. Its gives my eyelashes alot of length but its starting to clump just a tad. I wouldn't go over three coats, the clumping would get too bad. But this mascara has given me more length than any other mascara I've tried, (with the exception of SuperMagnify Mascara from Avon which was discontinued.) So this does exactly what its supposed to, alot of length, nothing else really. Now on to the bad aspects. The formula is really messy, I've had alot of problems with it and still haven't gotten the hang of how to not get it all over my eyelid. I thought with time maybe the formula would dry up a bit, but it hasn't. Its really too bad, because of the formula it starts clumping. So if they would change the formula some, then this would be an amazing lengthening mascara. But in the mean time, I'm going to keep searching for my holy grail mascara. I don't really need alot when it comes to mascara, just for it to make my eyelashes really long, no clumping, and the formula has to be very nice. But back to this mascara, its very good for it's money's worth. Only $2! It's the cheapest out of all the NYC mascaras and I've heard its the best too. So if you want a mascara that only gives you length and is really dark in color then I suggest you try this. It's possible I might have gotten a mascara that turned out to be a little too wet, maybe you could find one that's different and a little more dry. So you could try this, its very good for the money that you pay for it.
My Rating 3.5/5
What mascara gives you the best length?
Lot of Love
Meghan





1 comment:

  1. thx that really helped my diecied (sorry i cant spell well) what mascara i should buy xxx

    ReplyDelete