Live Love Laugh Makeup

“Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” ― Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner

Hey everyone! So todays review is over a gel eyeliner I had gotten because I heard great reviews about it. It is the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner from their Eye Studio line.


My very first impression on this was that I love the jar this gel eyeliner comes in. It's pretty tiny but a little eyeliner goes a long way.

This is in just Maybelline's regular black called Blackest Black.

As you can see again here it is a tiny frost jar. It looks very nice for a drugstore eyeliner.
 

I have used this some, not very much and as you can see I haven't even begun to make a dent yet in this eyeliner. There is alot of product here!
 

It comes with a handy standard brush that I like quite alot. It's very pointed, perfect for a thin line. If you take care of it, this brush will last for a long time!
 

Here is the eyeliner swatched on my hand. This is with only one dip into the jar and look at how much product there is. A little goes a very long way. This black is a very deep black that is matte. As I said before it is perfect for lining the upper eyelid.
 

This is the eyeliner after much vigorous rubbing after I let the it set for a couple minutes. Note that I did not use any water. Now I know people have great things to say about this but it just didn't work for me. It came off way too easy. I had bought this mainly to wear on my waterline because I had heard that gel eyeliner works best on the waterline, so after all the rave about this I thought I would give it a try. After about half an hour with this on my waterline almost all of it was under my eye, and I had to wipe it off. This was a huge dissapointment. I usually use my avon eyeliner on my waterline and thought it did ok, but compared to this it is fantastic. So after wearing this on my waterline was out I decided to just wear this as an eyeliner on my top lid. Bingo. It works perfectly that way, stayed on all day with no hint of smudging and at the end of the day looks like I had just put it on. I was pretty amazed actually, and thought it would smear like it did on my waterline. So overall this works amazing for a simple eyeliner, but it you want to use it for your waterline then don't even consider it.
I got this for about $8 at Wal-Mart.
Rating 2.5/5 Just because it doesn't work well for what I had gotten it for.
So go ahead, try this out, and let me know how it works for you. Does this work good on your waterline? What about on your top eyelid? Let me know!
Meghan

1 comment:

  1. You should've posted pictures with this article.

    ReplyDelete